So instead I created this little beauty... Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Shake-Meal. I made mine with the meal instead of the protein powder because I really wanted it to thicken almost to the consistency of oatmeal. But if you just want to drink it like a shake you should use the protein powder and DO NOT blend the chia. I blended the chia for extra thickening power to replicate that oatmeal texture, without the oats of course. Try it out! Make it yours.
Hot Cinnamon Shake
- 1.5 Cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, warmed
- 1-2 Tbsp Chia seeds (depending on how thick you want it)
- 1 Tbsp Flax Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- Hefty Dash of cinnamon
- 1 Cup steamed kale (you can't even taste it. I promise!)
- 1-2 scoops Onnit Hemp Force ChocoMaca or Vanilla Acai
- Steam kale over water for 5-7 minutes (I just steam several bunches at a time and then freeze them)
- Meanwhile warm 1.5 cups almond milk on the stove
- Add Onnit Hemp Force Choco Maca or Vanilla Acai, milk, chia, flax, coco oil, cinnamon and kale to the blender and blend until smooth
- Add and lightly blend until mixed.
- Pour in cup or bowl and enjoy!
Savory Hot Kale Shake
- 1 head of Kale, steamed for 5-7 minutes and drained
- 2 tablespoons Organic Grass Fed Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic Cold Pressed
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds (Collagen or Organic Pastured Eggs work well too)
- 2 Tbsp Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fresh Herbs to taste: parsley, oregano, or cilantro are all great
- Steam kale over water for 5-7 minutes
- Drain water. Add more fresh hot water or bone broth if you want a thinner consistency.
- Blend drained kale with salt, herbs, vinegar, grass-fed butter and coconut oil until super creamy.
- Last add your heat stable protein of choice: hemp seeds, collagen or even eggs to the mixture and lightly blend until the protein is mixed in. Be sure to add the protein last and only slightly blend so you don’t want to mechanically damage that expensive protein. You’ll ruin it!
Tried and True Daily Green Smoothie
- 1 Handful of Ice
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 Handful of frozen mixed berries: Strawberries & blueberries are my fav bc the seeds don't get lodged in your teeth
- 1 Handful of Spinach
- 1 Handful of Kale
- 1 Tbsp Flax Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Scoops Hemp Force Protein Powder
- 1 Tbs Coconut or MCT oil
- Optional additions: Earth Grown Nutrients, Spirulina, Trilogy nut butter, hemp seeds, maca powder, cinnamon, other frozen fruit, avocado
- Add to Blend Tech Blender in this order: ice, milk, berries, spinach, kale, flax seeds, and other additions.
- Blend until smooth
- Add protein powder and slowly blend just until mixed (The chia sends to get thick and slimy if you blend it too much and some protein powders get foamy, so add them at the end.)