Discover the Magic of Marrakesh & the Beauty of the Sahara
I see you - forlornly looking through old travel photos and counting the stamps in your passport, wishing and waiting for your next unforgettable adventure to unfold. Well you're in luck - the trip of a lifetime awaits for you in Morocco!
Pack your bags for a magical 8-day yoga and art retreat March 13-20, 2022 to discover the magic of Marrakesh and the beauty of the Sahara. This otherworldly experience offers you spectacular sightseeing, rejuvenating yoga, a Saharan desert glamping adventure, and visits to exquisite artisan markets and textile co-ops.
Starting in Marrakech, you'll head to the UNESCO World Heritage Site and historic fortified village of Aït Ben Haddou (pictured on the left). Then we continue into the Sahara for a desert "glamping" experience: complete with a camel ride, oasis excursion, and music under the stars. En route back to Marrakech, we stop at Berber women’s textile co-op to learn about the important work they do in their community. Finally, we return to the bustling city of Marrakech, discovering the souks and crafts throughout the medina. Throughout the trip you'll experience flavorful cuisine, impactful artisanship, and traditions within the Moroccan way of life.
For the complete Moroccan experience, you can choose an optional 3-night add-on to Fes and the brilliant "Blue Pearl" town, Chefchaouen. (A must go!) Here you'll discover luxury riads (traditional Moroccan garden house) in Fes as well as the vibrant colors of "the Blue Pearl" of Chefchaouen.
- 2x daily yoga + meditation with Jenn
- Visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Aït Ben Haddou
- Sahara desert excursion with 2 nights all-inclusive camping complete with camel ride, stargazing, traditional music & food and an oasis outing
- Marrakech souk tour and hamman spa day
- Daily breakfast + 6 dinners + 2 lunches
- 7 total nights’ accommodations in boutique riad style guesthouses and 2 nights desert camping permanent structure tents with real beds
- Transfers to/from airport on arrival & departure days
- Private ground transit between Marrakech, Ait Ben Haddou and the Sahara
- Visit to a traditional Berber textile women’s co-op + donation to their organization
- Dedicated Traverse yoga instructor (Jenn Turner) & host + local guide
- Traverse representative assisting you from booking to departure
- Small group trip, max 12 people
- Optional add-on to Fes & Chefchaouen
More details, itinerary, and sign up HERE