Nutritional Benefits of Hemp Seeds
- Hemp has more protein than meat, fish or tofu.
- Hemp has the perfect ratio of omega’s 3, 6 & 9. Great for women and hormone regulation.
- Hemp is packed with essential fatty acids, amino acids as well as all of the vitamins and minerals our bodies need on a daily basis.
- Hemp is in the same category as flax seeds or chia seeds, but because of it’s nutritional balance it is actually superior to the others.
- Hemp Seeds Support: Immune Deficiency Disorders - Digestion - Maintaining a healthy level of cholesterol - Hormone fluctuation - Circulation - Weight Management - Insomnia- Healthy Hair, Skin, Nails
- Commonly known medicinal uses: nausea & vomiting; multiple sclerosis/muscle spasm disorders; spinal cord injuries; Chron's disease; Alzheimer's disease; Tourette's syndrome; digestive disorders; glaucoma; asthma; neurodegenerative disorders
- Not to mention they taste delicious!.. And no you will not fail a drug test after eating hemp seeds. They have less than .01% THC and are perfectly legal :)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp kosher sea salt (plus more for seasoning)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches of kale (1 1/2 lbs. total), center stem discarded, leaves thinly sliced/shredded
- 12 oz brussels sprouts, trimmed, finely grated/shredded with a knife
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup finely grated Pecorino or Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Hemp Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Lightly drizzle coconut oil over chopped brussels sprouts and bake for 20 mins.
3. Take brussels sprouts out of the oven
4. Combine chopped mushrooms, lemon juice. Dijon mustard, shallot, garlic, cheese, hemp seeds, salt & pepper in a small bowl - Stir to blend & set aside to let flavors meld.
5. Mix thinly sliced kale & shredded brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
6. In a small skillet, heat coconut oil on medium & add macadamia nuts/hemp seeds, stirring frequently until golden brown in spots (about 2 mins).
7. Transfer nuts to a paper towel-lined plate & lightly sprinkle with salt.
8. Slowly whisk remaining olive oil in a cup into lemon juice mixture.
9. Season dressing to taste with salt & pepper.
10. Add dressing & cheese to kale mixture; toss to coat. Season lightly with salt & pepper.
11. Garnish with macadamia nuts. Enjoy!!