We needed to hit the reset button.
Why Do A Cleanse?
On the hunt for a cleanse that we felt we could commit to and benefit from, I read the book Clean by Alejandro Junger and was totally sold. I liked several things about the program including:
- LONG ENOUGH: It is a 21-day cleanse which would give us enough time to heal, break bad habits and form new better ones.
- FOOD BASED: We wouldn't have to go vegan and totally starve ourselves on juice! We have a protein smoothie for breakfast, a healthy protein+veggie lunch, and a light veggie soup or fresh juice for dinner.
- MIND-BODY-SPIRIT INCORPORATED: It's not just a dietary cleanse. You are encouraged to meditate to cleanse the mind and change negative thought patterns that don't serve you. Online mediation resources: Mediation Experience and Living In Love Free Apps by Deepak Chopra; Mindful Meditation App; Check out other mediation apps HERE.
- MOVE YOUR BODY: Exercise is also encouraged and since you are still eating real super healthy food you have the energy and strength to stay active, go for a run, or do yoga.
- ADIOS CHEMICALS: All environmental toxins and chemicals including cleaning & beauty products are eliminated and replaced with safe natural products. This includes traditional toothpaste, antiperspirant, deodorant, all soaps & detergents, makeup, air fresheners, etc.
OUR CLEAN PROGRAM
- Liquid Breakfast: Smoothie with greens, spinach, kale, blueberries & raspberries, cucumber, almond milk, vegan protein powder, chia seeds, super greens, coconut butter, maca powder, bee pollen, etc.
- Solid Lunch: Healthy lunch with animal protein and veggies from the approved foods below. My lentil recipe is a great lunch option. Just switch the sausage for ground turkey, chicken or lamb.
- Liquid Dinner: Fresh veggie juice OR blended veggie soup
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil before bed
- Fast for 12 HOURS between breakfast and dinner. If dinner was at 7 pm breakfast is at 7 am.
- Drink at least 1 liter of pure filtered water a day not including tea.
- Snack, only if needed, on RAW veggies, fruit or nuts
- Supplement List Fiber, Probiotics, Liver Support, Antimicrobial, Digestive Enzymes, Natural Calm Magnesium
- Printable Shopping List
- PDF Cleanse Manual
Clean Approved Foods
ORGANIC as much as possible...
Clean Forbidden Foods
- Loads of energy, especially in the A.M. after fasting for 12 hours every night
- Feeling of lightness and ease
- My stomach pains and IBS symptoms are gone
- Scott's asthmatic symptoms and congestion is gone
- Skin is clear and radiant
- PMS symptoms (cramps, irritability, bloating) are lessened, if not gone
- Regular digestion and elimination (Sorry, but it's a good thing I had to mention!)
- We both have lost some weight, Scott much more than me. I don't weigh myself, but I can say my jeans slip on pretty easy right out of the dryer.
We feel so good that we have actually decided to continue with the cleanse all the way to New Years just to end the year strong. We will be taking a three day break December 23-25th to celebrate a little and bake THESE gluten-free beauties. Check back here January 1st for the final report!